Employment at the Copeland Maritime Center:
TITLE: Assistant Director of Education
SUPERVISOR: Director of Education
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full time
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: The Assistant Director of Education is primarily responsible for the delivery of Kalmar Nyckel Foundationís (KNFís) education mission through both on-site and off-site implementation and overall management of the KNF education programs. Target audiences include students, educators, summer camps, families, and the general public. The Assistant Director of Education is a leadership position that offers substantial professional growth opportunities as KNF expands its educational reach throughout the Delaware Valley.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Manage the content and delivery of KNF educational programs, which use the tall ship Kalmar Nyckel, the Copeland Maritime Center and campus, as well as off-site schools and other venues;
2. Market, book, and oversee implementation of KNF school field trips and other group visits to the ship and Copeland Maritime Center, as well as off-site school and other programming;
3. Teach KNF educational programs to a broad range of students and adults;
4. Manage, train, recruit, retain, and recognize volunteers to help deliver education programs;
5. Assist the Director in strengthening the quality and growing the reach of KNF educational programs;
6. Assist the Director in writing grants and developing new sources of funding for education programs;
7. Assist the Director, in liaison with Department of Education and relevant professional associations, to maintain expertise in curriculum standards used by potential client audiences for KNF educational and historical programs;
8. Develop and monitor customer feedback for continuous improvement;
9. Enhance the reputation of KNF as a valued participant in the larger Delaware Valley community;
10. Model and assure the exemplification of the KNF Code of Conduct and Child Safety Policy throughout the KNF education programs.
∑ At least three (3) to five (5) years of classroom teaching experience (or comparable), plus experience in program development and implementation, curriculum development and technology integration;
∑ Tall Ship experience a plus;
∑ Masterís Degree in Education or relevant field preferred.
To apply, please send resume to Mary Ann Connelly at email@example.com by December 16, 2019. Proposed start date: January 6, 2020.
Did you know: That both Swedes and Finns were part of Kalmar Nyckel's first voyage, since Finland was part of the Swedish realm until 1809?