Come sail with us! Kalmar Nyckel offers river cruises, day and evening sails, and appearances from April through October each sailing season.
Please Note: The ship's schedule is subject to change without notice due to the nature of the weather and conditions beyond our control.
The safety of our passengers, staff, and volunteer crew is our top priority. Our programs conform to state, federal and industry association public heath guidelines.
- Masks must be worn at all times on the ship and our maritime campus.
- Sailing passengers must be age 5 or older.
- Please do not come sail if you are sick or have been exposed to someone who has been sick or tested positive for COVID-19.
- Please bring hand sanitizer and wear weather appropriate clothing.
- Eating onboard is not allowed. We are not selling water, soft drinks or snacks this year.
- Increased disinfecting is scheduled before each sail. Hand sanitizer is available onboard.
- Thank you for your patience as we do our best to offer a healthy and adventurous program!
May 2021 Zone Sails
Wilmington River Cruises in May 2021 are limited to 25 passengers (51% capacity).
- Tickets are available in 5 Zones (see diagram above), with 2-5 people per Zone for social distancing. Minimum purchase: 2 tickets per Zone at $40 per ticket.
- Ship crew will share history and information at 5 stations on the deck. Each group will rotate to each zone so that everyone gets the full experience of life aboard Kalmar Nyckel.
- Larger parties may purchase more than one zone.
- Please note: our crew may pass by your zone closer than 6 feet in order to operate the ship safely. Everyone onboard must wear a mask at all times.
- Safety precautions will be updated when new information is available.
June 2021 Sails and Cruises
June sails will be limited to 25 passengers (51% capacity), but Zones will be discontinued. Guests are expected to socially distance on their own and must wear masks until the Kalmar Nyckel Foundation lifts this restriction.
Tickets are limited, so please plan ahead!
- Zone tickets (May 2021) are only available by phone: 302-429-7447, Monday-Friday from 9am - 5pm (to assign your party to a Zone).
- June 2021 tickets can be purchased online (scroll down and click "Book Now”) or by phone. If any tickets are available, they may be purchased at the dock, prior to a sail.
We suggest parties of 25 inquire about a private sail. Weekday afternoons and weekend sails may be available at a fixed price.
Our ship is not wheelchair accessible. We would, however, be happy to discuss your needs. Please call us before you book your tickets to see if we can accommodate your needs at 302-429-7447.
Sailing Schedule: Public Events, click Search to view other months.
|Date and Time
|No Sailing Events Found!